Today I am excited! Excited for many reasons but in particular excited for Christmas! It is a great holiday to celebrate the birth of Christ and all that he represents but also to take time to spend with family and friends who also have time off from work. It is a time to give your time adn love to others. Living in NYC is hectic but the ability to take a quick train ride home for Christmas is wonderful! Tonight the Buckler family arrives for a homemade meatball dinner before heading to West Side Story (one of my Dad’s favorites) and tomorrow morning, after the gym, I depart for 3330 Aquetong Road, the most surreal place at Christmastime.
Why did Christmas come early this year? Well, this morning, I woke up early and the cold didn’t bother me while walking to the subway! I finished my physical therapy exercises early enough to start packing for break. I am excited. The walk to 35th & 8th Ave didn’t annoy me today, I didn’t need to rush so I strolled and took in the lovely sunshine that always manages to put a grin on my face. Heading down the subway wasn’t too bad, just one lady in the way. I swiped my “free” monthly pass that Katie found and headed to the Uptown A platform, the usual. The C train arrived, on the wrong track but hey I took it without question (if this was July I would have freaked out but why the C train was on the A track but I have learned that you just can’t ask you just need to follow along). This is where Christmas came early in NYC, on the subway; there were ONLY 8 people on the train with me! Never before have I been on such an empty train. Each of us had our own bench, we could have lay down and taken naps – I don’t advise this but you could, you get the point. I got off at Columbus Circle and realized how empty the station appeared to me. I soon realized that maybe, just maybe NYC isn’t that bad, at least when every one else has left for the holidays! Thanks NYC, for making my commute easy today, a pleasure actually. Hopefully the commute to 3330 Aquetong Road goes smoothly tomorrow, can’t wait, I am excited!
Love the blog! Miss you so much!
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love the blog!!! Keep entertaining me! Have a fabulous Christmastime in NYC and at home. I can't wait to hear more. Great stories (glad to read about and not to personally witness :0)
ReplyDelete