
I work on Wall St. or at least pretty close to it. My new commute on the 2, 3 drops me off on Wall St. It is a different world down there, really. There are so many people commuting to work but oddly it is quiet except for the pitter patter of feet racing to the office.
Some professionals choose to work on Wall St. for the money but I've been lead there by my compassion and giving heart. Money buys certain people happiness but my new role provides me plenty of rewards not in the form of cash and lots of happiness. I can tell this already even though I started the new job on Monday!
Workplace environment is very important to me and while searching for a new job I focused on it a lot and I am pretty sure I have found it at this point.What type of environment did I look for in a workplce? Well I will tell you...one where the people are friendly, say hello and good morning, collaborate with each other, converse on ideas, a place where an open door policy applies and where people are approachable. Interesting many of the employees commute for far away places and not from Manhatten. A couple from Brooklyn, one from Connecticut, one from Hoboken, a woman from Macungie, PA, and so forth. What this tells me is that these women WANT to be here and will do what it takes to work at YSC. I could go on forever about the environment but I think you understand.Young Survival Coalition is not only a workplace where people collaborate and get along, sharing ideas and stories, it is also an organization that is empowering women, all women through education and support. I have found my "fit"! So far so good and I can't wait to tackle some awesome fundraising projects and continue to work with inspiring women. Stay tuned!
So glad things got off to a great start! Sounds like a very fulfilling job - certainly not something many people can say!
ReplyDelete