This blog idea has been a long time coming and I finally have decided to try “blogging”. You may wonder what it is I will blog about but living in New York City for the first time gives me plenty of material. Observing all types of people here I realized that I wanted to share my experiences with more than just myself. Most of what you will read will occur in the morning on my way to work which is about a 20 minute commute (walk & subway) or 30 minute commute (walking)...
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
The Deli Counter
For lunch today, like most days, I headed to Whole Foods in the Time Warner Building at Columbus Circle. Whole Foods excites me but the prices upset me. Having no idea what I wanted to eat I browsed the showcases of yummy salads and sandwiches. When ready I approached the counter but apparently I wasn't first in line. Another woman, girl, a female under the age of 24 rudely blurted out her order for one of the chickpea salads. I looked at her with that "Seriously" face in question. She didn't notice me (not many people do when you are my height) and she continued to order brussel sprouts, but only the overcooked ones, and a couple more salads. I needed a deli number like the old days or just like at home in the country suburbs, they work for a reason! I believed that I was next in line but another older grumpy lady decided to cut infront of me (am I invisible!) and ask for something. She rolled her shopping cart right in front of me clipping my toes with the wheel and still didn't notice me standing there! I didn't understand what she said to the deli maid but apparently she wanted a sample cup to try soup or something and she moved along. Finally I ordered my half pint of tuna salad and some kale salad. I just really wished they used a deli number system or at least the customers weren't so pushy (literally)! I loved going up to the deli counter at the Acme and pulling a number down and waiting with my Dad to hear it called, oh the days of growing up in Bucks County!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment