| View from our apt - I took this mid-typing |
Last I wrote I was on my way to Jen & Mark's wedding. Time really flies. Being a part of Jen's wedding meant a lot to me and I know one that I won't forget. The ceremony was beautiful and represented Jen & Mark's relationship perfectly. Following the ceremony we all headed down to Philadelphia for a fabulous celebration at the Bellevue. The Bellevue's a very ornate old hotel and ballroom in Philly. Interestingly my Popou worked there as a young man. As I mentioned the ceremony and reception were great however my favorite part of the wedding festivities was getting ready at Jen's parent's house with all the bridesmaids. We all have known each other for a long time and share a lot of memories. We caught up on life and remembered our past commenting on fast it has gone. Jen further impressed me and again showed us how big of a heart she has when instead of giving out wedding favors she and Mark made a donation to Young Survival Coalition. Her gift to YSC hit home for all of us, especially Jackie. YSC has provided her with support, education, and friendships and with Jen & Mark's donation YSC is closer to achieving its goal that no woman should be left to face breast cancer alone. Thanks Driscolls!
Since the wedding YSC National hosted their 10th Annual In Living Pink fundraiser in NYC. The casino themed night proved to be a huge success! YSC honored the late Kristen Martinez, an amazing woman and advocate for young women with breast cancer. She lost her battle last June. YSC created an award in her honor and presented it to her brother and will be presented each year to someone who possesses the same qualities of Kristen. Our "celebrities", Chris Wragge of The Early Show and Betsy Johnson attended and willingly posed for some photos.We achieved the highest attendance ever and raised a little over our goal. The weeks leading up to the event I only focused on the preparation and putting together all the raffle prizes and taking orders from my team. It got intense, lots of late (midnight) nights getting all the details final. Planning began last week for In Living Pink 2012!
![]() |
| Jennifer, YSC CEO; Betsy Johnson & Chris Wragge |
One more thing, Memorial Day. Thank you to all those who have served, you mean a lot to all of us and I am so glad there is a day to remember each and every one of you. God Bless.
The long weekend seemed too short. I was in Avalon, NJ with great friends and hot sunshine. Mike and I hit up our favorite breakfast spot and sat on the beach for hours ending the days with "lemonades" and laughter. We drive back down there tomorrow to do it all again and I can't wait!


No comments:
Post a Comment